Openings With Our Team!
Full or Part-Time Dermatologist: Grow your dermatology practice with us! Email CV to email@example.com.
Relief or Part-Time Mohs Histotech: Looking for an experienced Mohs Histotech for our in-house lab on surgery days. We typically do Mohs 1 day per week. Submit resume and completed Application for Employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary Full-Time Medical Receptionist: Coverage needed for a planned leave of absence from November 2019 through February 2020. 1 year receptionist experience required, medical office experience preferred. Monday-Fridays 7am – 430pm. Hours worked may vary based on provider schedules, but the temporary hire must be available to be scheduled during those times. Interested candidates may visit our website or contact the office with additional questions. Submit resume and completed Application for Employment to email@example.com.
Full Time Billing Specialist: Tallman Dermatology is seeking a Full Time Billing Specialist – the ideal candidate has excellent communication, multitasking, and customer service skills. One year of medical office billing experience is required, CPC is preferred. Submit resume and completed Application for Employment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, vision, dental, 401K, and paid time off.
About us: Our board certified physician and highly-trained staff seek to provide quality dermatological care to our patients in an atmosphere of caring and compassion. Dr. Tallman, Peter Bulley, PA-C, and Laine Elam, PA-C diagnose a wide range of common and rare, benign, and malignant skin diseases. These are treated with oral and topical prescriptive medications, surgery, biopsies, shaves, and other procedures.
Position Summary – Billing Specialist
In this position, the Billing Specialist is responsible for billing and claims processing services for Philip Tallman MD Dermatology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Billing and Claims Processing
- Posts charges to patient accounts, prepares, verifies, and sends electronic and paper claims to payers, researches incomplete, incorrect, or outstanding claims and submits claims with knowledge of all insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments
- Investigates and resolves claims submission problems with payers and reviews new and existing claims processing information
- Posts payments and adjustments to patient accounts, verifies and balances cash and receipts and prepares regular deposits and processes refunds to payers or patients
- Identifies accounts with unpaid balances over set number of days and performs regular calls to payers according to protocols.
- Handles all incoming correspondence from payers.
- Documents all communication in practice management system.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year experience in a medical office setting, preferably dermatology specific
- CPC-D preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite and preferably knowledge of Nextech Practice, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
- TB skin test and current Hepatitis B vaccine
Reporting Relationship: Office Manager
Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance; works in a spirit of teamwork and trust; conducts self in professional manner and maintains professional boundaries in working with others; acts as a resource in mentoring new staff, students, or co-workers; accepts responsibility for own behavior.
Supports customer service excellence and models expected behavior; is courteous and attentive to patients, physicians, visitors and employees and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact; strives for service excellence by seeking challenges and turning them into opportunities.
Communicates (written or orally) in a clear, timely and professional manner in group or individual situations; listens and explores issues before providing advice/options, responds with empathy; exhibits discretion and maintains confidentiality of information; provides information accurately and completely, keeping supervisor and staff informed; independently resolves interpersonal conflicts in a professional manner, asks for assistance when needed; uses computer system appropriately as needed for work related information, communication and to complete assigned duties.
Attendance and Promptness
Observes assigned working hours, is conscientious when it comes to planned and unplanned absences and submitting time requests, is prompt and accurate in recording time worked.
Initiative and Organization
Works without close supervision, initiates independent action in solving problems; organizes and prioritizes tasks effectively, meets established deadlines and timelines.
Office setting, well-ventilated, and well lighted.
Standing for several hours each day. Requires hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity. Vision must be corrected to 20/20 and hearing must be in normal range. Occasional stress related to workload and time constraints.